The 2006 Weblog Awards Sometimes Free is too Expensive...
Google
 
Web janelake.blogspot.com
Please Donate to My Quest to Raise $5 Billion

« Home | Jane Lake and Laughter! » | Jane Lake and Religion! » | Jane Lake and Miracles! » | Jane Lake and Numbers! » | Jane Lake and Poetry! » | Jane Lake and Making a Difference! » | Jane Lake and Justin Timberlake! » | Jane Lake and Criticism! » | Jane Lake and Stress! » | Jane Lake and Israel! »

Jane Lake and a Foudroyant Day!


Once in a while you come across a word that you have never seen or heard before but speaks to you in a way no other substitute word would. That happened to me yesterday when I was on an elevator reading one of those little news screens they have. The word of the day was "foudroyant".

It means "Of disease that comes on suddenly and severely; dazzling, stunning." Of course, "fulminant" means the same thing, but isn't a fraction as interesting.

It was the dazzling, stunning usage that interested me. As in "The circus was a foudroyant display of color and sound!

So given my new little friend, I just wanted to wish everyone a foudroyant day!

[French, from present participle of foudroyer, to strike with lightning, from foudre, lightning, from Old French fouldre, from Latin fulgur, from fulgre, to flash; see bhel-1 in Indo-European roots.]

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm L.I.D
  • From
My profile
Varb For Me

Personal Blog Top Sites Blog Soldiers - Advertise Your Blog to Bloggers Blog Review More blogs about Jane Lake Makes a Mistake.

Add to Google

Listed on BlogShares