The 2006 Weblog Awards Sometimes Free is too Expensive...
Google
 
Web janelake.blogspot.com
Please Donate to My Quest to Raise $5 Billion

« Home | Jane Lake and Moodspins! » | Jane Lake and Vista! » | Jane Lake and Cold Weather! » | Jane Lake and Sam Brownback! » | Jane Lake and Snow! » | Jane Lake and the Super Bowl! » | Jane Lake and Amniotic-Fluid Stem Cells! » | Jane Lake and Personal Responsibility! » | Jane Lake and Life on Other Planets! » | Jane Lake and Checks! »

Jane Lake and President's Day!


As we approach Presidents' Day (correct to put the apostrophe after Presidents and not President's as most people think!), I think it is interesting to note that, even though it sounds like we are celebrating alll of the Presidents, everyone knows that we are celebrating the birthdays of George Washington, and we throw Lincoln in because his birthday is also in February although it was never a Federal holiday.

And although Alabama celebrates it as Washington and Jefferson Day, I think it is a sad commentary that not a single President since Lincoln has been deemed worthy to be added to the list, or singled out for anything in particular.

I really hope the next President will be the one we look back on and say, "This is someone we must always remember." Unfortunately, it is more likeley we will be saying, "To impeach, or not to impeach. That is the question!"

You can't turn the clocks back and return to an age of innocence, with true leaders and heroes. But you can improve things by not voting for political machines with personal agendas.

to me...this means the post office is closed.

K

Just wanted to Thank U for turning me onto Agloco*

Are U not Blogging anymore??

Did U WIN the POWERBALL!!

Cheers Jane! Billy ;))

Peace*

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm L.I.D
  • From
My profile
Varb For Me

Personal Blog Top Sites Blog Soldiers - Advertise Your Blog to Bloggers Blog Review More blogs about Jane Lake Makes a Mistake.

Add to Google

Listed on BlogShares